Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Power of Deception

This last week my mom flew in from Salt Lake to visit. She got here on the 13th, so Aaron and I were able to go to the movies for Valentine's since we had a very willing free babysitter. Being the wonderful camera person that I am, (not) I took absolutely no pictures the whole time my mom was here. We had a great time though. My mom and I were able to go to the movies and shopping together, and the kids were able to spend lots of time with Grandma (Kaitlyn beat her at least three times at Wii bowling). The highlight of the trip however was our lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. My mom has always wanted to go there, so we drove down to Tigard on Tues. afternoon to go. I should have known that something would happen, since the drive is longer that 30 minutes, but I was not thinking ahead. We got a little lost getting there, so after many windy back roads we arrived. Kaitlyn was looking a little pale, but she said she was fine. So in we went. We were seated immediatly, and then our waiter appeared to take drink orders. Just as he arrived, Kaitlyn threw up. She was on the inside of the booth, and she was facing the wall, so I quickly grabbed a couple of napkins and put them under her mouth. While this was going on the waiter was casually taking our drink orders. So while my mom and Aaron tried not to break out in laughter, I calmly told the waiter that Kaitlyn would have a sprite, Matt some apple juice and I wanted a water. The waiter left to get our drinks, never knowing what had happened. I took Kaitlyn to the bathroom and rinsed her off, and then we went back and had a very enjoyable lunch. The dessert was delicious. And the whole time, no one ever knew what had happened in the booth. A bit gross, I know, but the napkins caught it all :) So thanks for visiting Grandma, and next time I'll remember the Dramamine.

2 comments:

Jessica Wille said...

Wow...good catch! Gotta love all the throw-up that comes with kids:)

Justin said...

Wow, good reflexes, Em! Fun to have your mom in town--I've decided that's the only time a mother gets a vacation!

Lia