Friday, February 6, 2009

Dance Mania

I realize it's been awhile since my last post, thanks to Aaron taking forever to teach me how to get video off my new camera. I could have just read the manual, but who really reads those 3 inch thick books? Especially when you have a perfectly tech savvy husband who can figure it all out for you. It's why you get married right?
Anyway, Katilyn had her dance recital on Sat. Jan. 24. She did great. This is her second year doing this little dance class, and for $20 bucks a month, it's perfect. She really loves to go, especially since her BFF is in the class too. I've included a few videos for your viewing pleasure. Natural talent at its finest don't you think?







Okay, so due to the fact that it takes like an hour to upload a video, and I have no patience today, you only get two videos for you viewing pleasure. So if you would like more dance mania (i.e. Grandparents) e-mail me and I'll send you the rest of the videos. Later that same day, I bought a piano!! For those of you close to me, you know I've been bugging Aaron forever to buy me a piano. You'd think with 13 piano students, I could convince him, but he always said the same thing "Our house is too small for a piano." He finally relented however, and I bought a beautiful Kohler and Campbell Spinet from a very nice man in Happy Valley (that would be Oregon, not Provo). I was euphoric. To be able to sit down and play any time I want, and to have lessons at my house is the best thing ever.

After the dance recital, Aaron made an impromptu trip to Utah. Since WaferTech, like the rest of the country, is suffering, they decided to close the plant for a week, thereby freeing Aaron up to go help his dad open the new store. So if any of you in Utah are looking for a new mattress, I recommend Mattress Solutions, found in the Meadows shopping complex in Lehi :) With Aaron gone, the kids and I just hung out and vegged. It was good, but we definatly missed Aaron and were super happy when he returned.

This last week has been spent trapped inside, craving outside interaction. Poor Matt has had a terrible flu all week. He started with a fever on Monday, and still has the fever today. It is accompanied by a horrible cough, runny nose, and watery eyes. Needless to say, he is one sick little boy. So despite the beautiful, sunny 60 degree weather we have been having, my kids and I have been indoors, watching movie after movie after movie. It's great to be able to take care of Matt though, he is so cuddly when he is sick. Hopefully the weekend will help him feel better, and nobody else will come down with it.


Last but not least, Kaitlyn is doing very well in preschool. We have been working on her reading here at home and she gets better and better each day. She gets to put a sticker on a chart everytime she learns a new word, and when the chart if full she gets to buy a new My little ponyville pony. She is aiming for a purple one to add to her growing collection. She is also really enjoying Miss Carolyn's preschool. This week they are learning about the letter "S", so today was silly day. Thus explains Kaitlyn's crazy outfil and hair-do. Does she look silly enough?



4 comments:

Maria and Ryan said...

i love the dancing videos! i bet you were one proud mamma! is there anything cuter than little kid summersaults?

Lyman and Kim said...

Em, I can't believe that you finally started a blog and that I finally found it. I have been looking off and on for awhile on other friends blogs. Lisa finally had it on there. I caught up on what you have posted but would like to email you and catch up.
Also,something random, I do need to buy a mattress but had no luck Google-ing Mattress Solutions in Lehi.
Love Ya,
Kim (Truman) Williams

Lyman and Kim said...

I'm so glad you got my comment today. I have been checking my email off and on since I sent it. I was so happy to 'find' you again. You have been on my mind a lot and I literally think of you everytime that I drive by Provo. I have missed you! Yes, we are still in Salt Lake and we HAVE to get together when you are here in April. I can't believe Meg is married! My email is withbentley@hotmail.com so send your response there so we can chat more.

Jessica Wille said...

Love the dancing videos! So jealous you got a piano...I've been wanting one of those also:)