Saturday, January 24, 2009

He's a Big Boy Now


We decided to start potty-training Matt this week. He's about 2 1/2, which is how old Kaitlyn was. I had no allusions that this would be as easy as Kaitlyn was, and on the first day he proved me right. We had five accidents and no successes. He was excited to wear his Lightening McQueen underwear though. I was sure we were in for a bloody battle, but by day three we were down to only one accident. And he's woken up the last three mornings comletely dry. We have, however, been secluded in the house all week, so today was to be the first test. We had to go to Kaitlyn's dance recital (photos and video of that later) bright and early this morning. We tried to get Matt to wear a pull-up, but he only wanted his underwear. So we packed an extra pair of clothes and took off. About half way through the recital he told us he had to go, so I took him and that was that. No accidents, no tantrums, nothing but a wonderful, potty-trained big boy :)

3 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Wow! Congratulations. It must feel pretty good to be where you are now. :) Now you have me curious about how it went with Kaitlyn. Will my own Kaitlyn be just as easy?? :)

Olsens said...

So I have to admit, when I read your blog my first thought was "so not fair! How does she do it!" hehe Good job potty training once again, and this time a boy!

I love the picture of Matt in a pull up and boots - too cute :)

Mike, Kim and Kids said...

Yea for Matt! I haven't decided if I'm going to potty train Eric before or after the new baby comes... I didn't even try with Matty until he was just over 3! But you may have just inspired me to try soon with Eric- the idea of having no diapers to change for a few months is very appealing!