Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Music in my Head




This week was my birthday, the big 27! I had a great day. Aaron let me sleep in (until 7:00) and then we proceeded to paint Matt's room. We had done the blue the day before, and had to finish with the brown stripe. It took a lot longer than we thought, and ended up being an all day project. But we're happy with the results. Matt however, could really care less. Although he did enjoy sleeping in Kaitlyn's room while we let some of the paint fumes out. Aaron then took me to lunch at the Olive Garden, and then got pizza for dinner. The kids helped him make some cupcakes for me to blow out. All in all, a fun day.
Not much else happened this week. Just the normal school, piano and hang out. I did capture a little video of Kaitlyn's interpretation of the Nutcracker. You might notice the lack of music in the video. Our camera was working fine, Kaitlyn was just dancing to the music in her head :) (she does that a lot).

5 comments:

Angie said...

She's so cute! I dance to the music in my head, too. Dancing is great. This is Angie Oliver Bowles by the way. I found the link to your blog on Lisa's site. Just wanted to say hi. Our blog is www.bowlesplog.blogspot.com. Check us out if you want.

Olsens said...

Happy Birthday!! I love how Matt's room turned out. Good job!

Larry and Erika Butler said...

Too funny, Maddie all the way! I've come to realize that she doesn't really walk anywhere anymore, she dances herself places. Keep that girl in dance classes!!!

LisaJ said...

Happy late birthday Em!! We need to get out kids together. Mine sing all the time about random things, so they can sing, and yours can dance!

Jessica Wille said...

Happy birthday!! I love the stripe in Matt's room. Great job.