Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reversal of Roles

Tonight instead of me reading a bedtime book to Kaitlyn, she read a bedtime book to me. That's right folks, Kaitlyn read her first book all by herself. The wonderous book is Happy Christmas, Honey! by Laura Godwin. I just picked it up from the library yesterday. It was a momentous occasion. I would like to think that she worked so hard for the pure love of reading, but alas, 'tis not so. She was promised a Belle doll when she read her first book by herself. So tomorrow we will embark to the toy store to get the infamous Belle doll, and thus complete her collection of Disney Princess polly pockets. Next she'll be taking on War and Peace :)

2 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Congrats, Kaitlyn!! :)

Megan said...

So maybe I am. Bite me. :-)