Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fishin'

Last night Gabe and Wendy invited the kids and I to go fishing with them for FHE. Aaron was sadly at class and unable to participate, but we made sure to text him and let him know we were going :) My kids were so excited. Kaitlyn was so loudly excited that I'm pretty sure she scared away most of the fish. Matt and Katie had a blast playing with worms, which included, but was not limited to putting the worms on their arms, bellies and head. Annie was quite the caster and could get the line almost as far as her dad. Gabe did most of the actually help, but Wendy and I did are part. Wendy got the great job of unhooking the fish so the kids could throw them back in the water. I made sure to test the worms out to make sure they were edible for the fish (I'll leave this story to your imagination since it is still quite awful for me to remember). All the kids caught a fish. I was going to draw an arrow on the picture so you could actually see their fish, but alas, haven't figured out how to do that on the blog yet.


You can see from Kaitlyn's picture how well I dress my kids for such an outing, and of course Kaitlyn has to make sure and pose with her fish.
Annie shows what most of the kids were actually feeling as they pulled their fish in.



Here is Gabe, showing the pure exuberance of what I'm sure was his biggest catch ever!






5 comments:

mcshammd6 said...

I Love it. It is so fun to see kids with worms and fish. No 20 pound trouts or salmon?

Cindy said...

I love Kaitlyn's pose. I think it's more important to her than the fish. Your comment about Gabe made me laugh. I do believe that is the face of "pure exuberance."

Megan said...

Ok, holy cow, Kaitlyn's hair looks super long in that picture! It looks like it's at her waist. And none of this imagination crap. I want that worm story.

Jennifer said...

How fun!! The pictures are so cute. Annie's face is adorable. I have to say, though, that Kaitlyn with her dress and pose holding a fish is just the best! That is so cute! What a great outing!

Angie said...

Never been fishing either. Man, I got to get out more! Ha, ha. Sounds like lots of fun. I think it's great that Kaitlyn can rock a perfect pose even while holding a fish!