Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kindergarten

Today was Kaitlyn's first full-day of kindergarten. She goes from 9:25-3:35 on Monday's, Thursdays and every other Wed. I know, what a wacky schedule! I asked her what she wanted for her special breakfast, and (she takes after her mom), she wanted bagels and cream cheese, or as she calls it, the white stuff. So I made an early run to Panera and got her a blueberry muffin with hazlenut cream cheese.
We then got her all ready for school. The kindergartners for the first two weeks have to wear name tags with their bus number and their teacher's room on them, so if they get lost from the bus to the room, anyone can direct them where to go. That would be what the big green paper is on her shirt.

Matt and I then walked her to the bus stop. There was a nice boy named Alex (a 5th grader) who was a bus buddy and was in charge of getting the two kindergartners from the bus to the classroom, so I was a little less worried about Kaitlyn. I was good and didn't break down until after she was on the bus, but then I cried the whole walk back to the house. Matt was unconcerned. He actually was quite excited to have the house all to himself, and when I asked him later if he missed Kaitlyn he gave an enthusiastic "NO!"
Here she is after school. She was pretty pooped, but actually hasn't fallen asleep yet. She did tell me however, that she doesn't like riding the bus. Aaron and I asked her why, but she didn't give any reasons. We asked her to try it one more day, then we'll see. I might be taking her. All in all, she had a good day. She is excited to get to buy lunch tomorrow (it's pizza day) and check out her first book from the library!






6 comments:

amrust said...

Oh Em! She is so stinkin' cute!!!

Megan said...

Aw... you're such a good mommy. Going out early just to get her a special breakfast. :-) she's so cute! I still can't believe she's that big.

LisaJ said...

She is adorable! Good breakfast choice...I'm now craving bagels and "white stuff" myself! :)

Jennifer said...

What a great first day. That's the main thing I hear about all-day kindergarten--how TIRED they get. I hope she loves it and the bus goes better. We are adjusting to riding the bus here. My kids have always been able to walk or ride their bike. (Even if the schools were close enough, there really aren't sidewalks out here! Isn't that weird?) Anyway, Kaitlyn is SO cute. Love the pictures. Hope she has fun. Good for you for not getting teary until after she was gone. That's hard. :)

Angie said...

How cute is she! Maybe we should all wear big, green papers around our necks in case we get lost, he,he,he. She's making a very "Emily face" in the third picture - it reminds me of you a lot. And I love Matt's apathy toward the whole situation.

mcshammd6 said...

When my first daughter started school it was difficult, but I have to say, that this year we were all ready for her to start HS. Time changes everything.