Saturday, March 13, 2010

After 3 weeks of work. . .

Our bathrooms are DONE!!!
In the kids bathroom we tore out the floor and put in porcelin tile. Then we replaced the vanity, and toilet and all the fixtures. We were doing quite well with it, until the pipes started leaking. It took Aaron a while to fix those, then we got the floor all done and were putting the new toilet in and we cracked a tile. So we had to dig it out and replace it. We finally got that all done and opened the box for the new vanity and the whole back of the vanity was caved in. So we had to take it back to Lowe's and get a replacement. After all that work, we are almost done. We still need a mirror and we're going to put some white cabinets over the toilet but you get the picture.The first few pics are the before.











For our bathroom we mostly just replaced the floor. Some idiot decided to put carpet in the bathroom, so that just had to go (after 3 years of living here). So we put the same tile in and I painted the bathroom all white (it used to be a light yellow) and I painted the cabinets black. Not much work, but I'm glad there is no more carpet. We still need to put the baseboards in our bathroom and get new white doors for both bathrooms. But we are glad to finally have out house not be a construction zone. I can't wait to clean it top to bottom on Monday!




5 comments:

Megan said...

They look awesome! I love it! Congrats on getting it done.

Jennifer said...

THE BATHROOMS ARE SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!! Ug, it looks like so much work! But they are beautiful!! I can't believe you guys did all that yourselves! I can't believe there is more than one idiot in the world who put carpet in a bathroom. (I've seen it in the vanity area before, but I'm talking around the toilet! Is that what yours was?) We looked at a house here that had carpet in the WHOLE bathroom. Around the toilet and everything! I thought, "If we buy this house, I am NOT letting the kids use that toilet!!" Anyway, I love the changes. You guys did GREAT!

Olsens said...

Wow! I'm very impressed! They look so good! I'm sure that was a ton of work. I'm glad you had a good birthday too. Happy belated birthday! :)

Di said...

Nice overhaul! You did a ton of work in 3 weeks.

Angie said...

They look so good! Carpet in a bathroom is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The tile looks great and is much easier to maintain, I'm sure! Good for you; you should be proud of yourselves!