Thursday, September 2, 2010

1st Day of School

Kaitlyn started first grade yesterday. She was a little nervous because all of her friends from last year ended up in a new class. She is quite shy to begin with, so everyday Aaron has been giving her school "goals." For example, yesterdays goal was she had to play with one other kid during recess (she tends to play by herself alot.) And she had to learn two new names of classmates. She was so excited when she got home to report to Aaron how she had done. She also started to ride the bus this year. It seems to be going well. The neighborhood girls have been good about taking care of her. She choose Panera bagels for her breakfast, and Baskin Robbins ice cream for her snack after school. I just can't believe how grown up she is becoming :) I still teared up when she got on the bus. I can only imagine what will happen next year when Matt starts kindergarten. I'll lose it completely :)


2 comments:

Nathan and Sarah said...

How crazy to have a first grader. I cant believe Matt is almost in kindergarten. I just keep thinking of him running around the gym with his little cast on!

Jennifer said...

Oh, look how cute she looks!! I love your first day of school treat-tradition. That is so fun. Belinda felt the same way going into 2nd grade--a lot of her friends got put into a different class, so it was hard. But she ended up doing great, and I bet Kaitlyn will, too. Aaron's little "goals" are a great idea, too!!