Friday, September 24, 2010

A Trip to the ER

Last night while playing at Annie's house, Kaitlyn, being the graceful, light on her feet girl that we love, tripped and fell into the edge of a cabinet. At first I didn't see anything, because she was holding her forehead, but then the blood started to fall down her hair. So alas, a 3 hour trip to the emergency room later, and she is sporting 3 fabulous staples in her head. The best part is that today is picture day at school and we can't even wash her hair for 24 hours.
P.S. I've had a couple of people ask, and surprisingly I did not freak out when it happened. I think I handled it quite well. Of course, this was her third time splitting her head open, and Matt broke his leg when he was 1, so all in all, I think I'm getting quite good at handling these situations.

7 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

OH NO. Was she freaking out? Were YOU freaking out?? How sad that it was right in time for picture day, on top of being horrible in its own right.

LisaJ said...

Oh, you are so much better than me! I would be freaking out! I'm so sorry it happened for picture day, but now you will always remember that was the day she had staples in her head!

Mark and Karen said...

I'm still dreading our first serious injury over here. I always wonder how I'll react. That looks like a good one too. How did everyone else react?

Jennifer said...

Oh, poor girl!!!! :( How sad. (And doesn't it seem like by the end of 3 hrs. in the ER you pretty much don't need them any more?! I always think that...) I hope picture day ended up all right. I know what you mean, though, as far as freaking out. After a couple of "biggies," they're easier to deal with, I think. I hope she is doing okay!

Angie said...

Ouch! Looks painful. I'm proud of you for being so composed. It will defintely just be a school picture that will bring up memories for years to come. Hope she's feeling ok.

Beth said...

This is just so sad! How many is this for her? Three? Sheesh. Her hair is sooo cute though Em!

Olsens said...

Ouch! Poor girl! and what great timing :( Sounds like something that would happen at our house.
I hope she's feeling better.

I love your family picture! It's so cute! BTW, I've been meaning to tell you, we're getting a new addition to our family in April. The third and LAST!! ;)