Saturday, November 21, 2009

SYTYCD

For those of you that know me, you know that I'm a HUGE So You Think You Can Dance fan. I especially loved last season, when Jeanine won. So when I found out they were coming to Portland for their tour, I wanted to go. I was online to buy the tickets the second they went on sale. We went with our friends Mark and Karen Ray, and Gabe and Wendy Atkinson. It was amazing!! We had great seats, down on the floor, but in the first row of the bottom part, so we had a lot of leg room. We were also a little raised so we could see really well. They did almost all of my favorite dances. It was so great to see them so close, and to feel the music. The floor was literally pulsing with some of the music. It was an amazing night! We went to dinner at this fabulous Peruvian resturant, Nascas, owned by a lady in our ward. It was goooood food. Flash photography was technically banned, but everyone else was taking pics, so we did too. The only downfall of the whole night was that Phillip, one of my favorite dancers, was injured. So we didn't get to see him dance at all. :( The rest of the show was fabulous!
Here we are at the show, you can see all the foot room we had.


This is Melissa and Evan.

Here is the winner of last season and the runner-up, Jeanine and Brandon. This was my favorite group number.


Here is Phillip and Jeanine, once again, totally sad that Phillip didn't dance. Here is Kayla's solo. She wasn't my favorite, but she is a great dancer.



These last two pics are just for the Grandparents. Kaitlyn accessorized herself in a scarf yesterday and wanted me to take a picture. After the picture she informed me I had to send it to Grandma and Grandpa. Well, since Kaitlyn had a picture, Matt had to have one too, with Spiderman. He has a bit of a cold, that's why his nose is so red and raw. Silly kids!



4 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

It was such a fun night! Thanks again for finding such awesome tickets and asking us to join. We had a blast!

Becky said...

I am totally jealous! Did they really do that crazy Russian folk dance number? I am not buying the hype that this season is so much better than last year's. I loved last seasons group.

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun time!! We wanted to go to that Peruvian restaurant before we left but never got time. I'm glad it was so good! I love the pics of your kids at the end, too--they are getting so grown up!

Jessica Wille said...

I am a HUGE fan also!! And I loved loved loved last season. That is awesome that you got to see their tour. Tad and I went here in San Antonio when season 3 came through. I was a big fan of Danny and Sabra so that was fun. What do you think of this season? Who do you want to win? I'm not sure yet, but I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Eleanor. she is so quirky and fun and talented.