Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving. Some wonderful people in our ward invited us over, Sabrina and Dustin Ward. The kids were totally excited. The Ward's daughter Kylie is in Matt's playgroup, so they already know each other. The kids favorite part about going over there was their dog, Milo, who got fed a better Thanksgiving dinner than anyone via my kids. Sorry Sabrina! We had a fabulous dinner. Sabrina cooked most of it. I contributed a veggie tray, turkey cupcakes and a banana cream pie. Sorry, no pics! It was a great day though. On Friday we took the kids to see Planet 51. They loved it, I fell alseep. But in defense of the movie, I had gotten up at 4:00 a.m. to do some Black Friday shopping. We then decorated our house. This year we added some net lights on the bush, lights around the window and the red and green bulbs in our house lights. The kids pooped at about 1/2 hour into it, but it took Aaron and I almost 2 1/2 hours to finish it.
On Saturday we went with Wendy and Gabe and the girls and bunch of Wendy's family to Thornton's Treeland to cut down our tree. IT was actually a dry day! The kids had a blast. Kaitlyn actually tripped over a stump and face planted in the mud. Here she is after the face plant, still smiling! Here is the tree Matt wanted to get. He aims high don't you think?


Here is the tree we actually picked. We were a little worried because it's the biggest we've ever gotten, and we were worried we'd have to move the couches out to actually fit it in our tiny living room, but we got it anyway. And for those of you that have never been to a tree farm, I wish I could describe the smell to you. To me, it is pure heaven.
They had a petting zoo at the tree farm. The kids stayed quite a while here. Then we got some hot chocolate.

Next came the hay ride. They had this fabulous kettle corn, as you can see Kaitlyn holding. We ruined everyone's dinner by eating two bags full!



And here is the final project. It just barely fit in the living room, although the love seat is pushed all the way to the front door and it still squishes that one side of the tree, but oh well. We love it. It smells sooooo good!

7 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Sounds like a fabulous time! One day we are going to get a real tree too. I would love to smell the pine...

Megan said...

Wow. Your house looks great! You guys did a good job. And I like Matt's tree. :-) I wish we had a good tree farm we could go to. I would love to have that smell in my house. Someday... Oh, and I can't believe how big Kaitlyn is! I miss my baby girl!

Olsens said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! I thought about you as I was making my first turkey, remembering the Thanksgiving we had at your apartment :) You're an awesome cook! Love the tree :)

Cindy said...

Your tree looks beautiful. I bet it smells better than it looks. I love cutting down your own tree.

Jennifer said...

Your house is so pretty. We went to Thornton's a couple of times and really liked it. It looks SO beautiful all decorated in your house!!

Angie said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love Christmas decorations. And I love how Kaitlyn was still smiling after a face full of mud - what a cool girl!

Jessica Wille said...

I am so jealous you get to go pick your tree from a tree farm. And yes, the smell sounds heavenly!