Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Grandpa visit, Camping

We have had a busy couple of weeks. First I headed to girls camp for a couple of days with my beehives. It was great! I had forgotten how much I really enjoy a bed, and a good nights sleep. Those couple days at camp quickly reminded me :) Then Aaron's dad came to visit. We had a great time with him. We went hiking to ponytail falls (sorry no pics), went to the zoo and the river. We ran Grandpa around. It was a lot of fun.










The day after Grandpa left we loaded up the car ( and I do mean loaded, it was packed!) and headed to Sacremento, California. We were meeting Aaron's 3 sisters and their families for a camping trip. We went to this great site on the American River called Coloma Resorts. We stayed in bunk houses that had A/C (thank goodness since it was around 95 degrees each day) and they had full bathrooms. We had to cook all our meals outside on camp stoves, but each family took a night so we just had to cook one big meal. I was worried about keeping my kids entertained for 5 days while camping, but they didn't get bored once. There was 10 cousins to play with, a swimming pool, playground, big open spaces to run in and of course the river. We tubed down the river everyday. There was a short run without too many rapids that the kids did. Then we traded off guys and girls going on a long 1 hour 45 minute float down. I never tipped, but Aaron got dumped a couple of times in the rapids. We also got to pan for gold, and even found some! All in all, a great vacation. We are planning on going again for a family vacation and I definatly recommend the spot.













3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That all sounds so fun. I love the pictures at the zoo--we have some of those same ones. :) The camping in CA sounds awesome (full bathroom, etc.) and even the cooking sounds not too hard. (I'm clearly not a camper.) I think it's so cool you got to pan for gold!!!!! And even cooler that you found some!!! WOW! What fun!

Mark and Karen said...

Sounds like the perfect place! It looks so fun. I definitely need details on the place.

So a boy puppy huh? Good luck with all the training...should be easier then the ADD girl dog you were looking at. He looks so dang cute! I can't wait to visit. :)

Diane said...

You have to tell me when you are going to the zoo so I can meet up with you sometime.