Friday, July 16, 2010

My Baby is 4!

Matt turned 4 today. It's so crazy to think my little baby is 4. I'm quite sad about it. I wish I could freeze him, so he doesn't grow anymore. He still loves to come and snuggle with me and gives me big hugs. He is such a boy. He loves to play transformers, dinosaurs and cars. He loves to run around outside and pick on his big sister. He is starting to write some letters, but is not really interested in sitting down and doing school work. He has a great imagination and I love to just sit and listen to him play with his toys. He makes up the best stories for them. I just love this kid sooo much!












Here he is on his b-day with his new Woody doll and his cowboy costume. He also got some Transformers, which he loves.



For his b-day party he wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese. So we invited 4 friends and headed to Chuck. E. Cheese. After they played for a while we came back and had lunch, and cake and ice cream.




He wanted a SpiderMan party, and SpiderMan cake. So I had Aaron draw a picture for me and then I attempted to put the picture on a cake. So here is the picture Aaron drew.


And here is the cake. It turned out ok. Not the best but it was the first time I had worked with fondant. I made some marshmallow fondant (and broke my Bosch in the process). It was pretty easy to work with, but took me forever. At least Matt loved it!


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe he's 4!! Wow! The pictures of him growing up are so sweet. I am impressed Aaron can draw like that, and your cake was TOTALLY AMAZING!!! I could never do anything like that! It looked awesome.

Mike, Kim and Kids said...

Looks like he had a fun day. My boys always request Chuck E. Cheese too. And great job on the cake- it looks great! Happy Birthday Matt!

Cindy said...

The cake looks awesome! I'm so impressed.

Angie said...

He's so cute and getting so big! 4! I can't believe it. I think the cake is great. Too bad it broke your bosch. But, I bet everyone loved it and that's all that matters. Happy Birthday, Matt!

LisaJ said...

The cake looks great!! I just used marshmallow fondant for the first time as well. Kneed it by hand next time. (I found this out by seeing the smoke coming out of my kitchen aid). I hope he had a great birthday!