Saturday, July 10, 2010

Soccer

Summer finally decided to come to Vancouver, so this week we've been hovering between 95-100 degrees. It's been great! We headed to the river on Wed. with a big group of friends. I forgot my camera, but the kids had a blast. We were there for 4 hours and I did well with the sunscreen. Aside from numerous mosquito bites, my kids came away fine. I however have some advice, when applying your sunscreen, don't forget the back of your legs. Suffice it to say that I've had to take a couple days off of running, and I've been wearing skirts that fall just to the knee.
On friday we went with some friends to Portland to a place called Peninsula Park. It's a pretty nice park with two big playgrounds that are completely shaded. They also have a little spray park and rose garden with a big fountain in the middle. The kids had a blast at the spray park and playing in the fountain.














On Thursday night Matt had his first soccer game. He was so excited. We got to the park and it was 98 degrees. It was sooo hot! They made all the kids get sprayed off from a hose before the game started, then they shortened each quarter to only 5 minutes. Then at half-time the kids had to get sprayed off again. It was so much fun seeing him play. All of the kids but 2 on our team are from our ward, so he has a lot of friends. Unfortunatly only about 4 of the kids would play, so Matt had to play a lot of the game. By the end he was so hot and tired but he did great. We lost by about 15-3. Our team was so funny, everytime one of the red team would come to get the ball, our players would pretty much just stand back and let them have it! I've included some great video so you can see Matt playing. He runs pretty well, now if he could just run while he has the ball, we'll be good! I was so proud of him though. Isn't he the cutest soccer player ever!?!









5 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Where exactly is this splash pad park? It looks so fun!

I love the videos of soccer. They are so stinkin cute at that age!

Megan said...

I have the cutest nephew in the whole entire world!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

That splash park looks WAY fun!! Awesome pictures. I loved the soccer videos, too. That first one was a scream--I laughed out loud!! I LOVE soccer at this age! Have fun!!

Angie said...

That splash park does look awesome! My boys would love it. I wish we could come visit you and you could take us there. Matt is a cute little soccer player! Are you going to make is to St. George for our 10 years high school reunion? Please say yes!

Olsens said...

Very cute soccer player! Seeing pictures makes me miss Vancouver and your family!