Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th( or rather 3rd) of July, Vancouver Style

We failed once again to convince anyone how truly spectacular 4th of July in Vancouver is, so no one came to visit this year. Hopefully this post will convince you to come see us next year. We headed to our friends that Jackson's again this year. They outdid themselves with the party this year. I think the people totaled around 150 this year. They provided all the meat, and everyone else brought sides and desserts. It was great. Here is a pic of everyone eating. They had lost of activities around their yard to keep everyone entertained before the show, including a D.J. to keep the party going. There was volleyball, badmitten, and ping pong. We got a big round of around-the-world ping pong going with a bunch of the adults. It was a blast, but I'm sad to say that I was out almost first everytime. Not quick enough. . . They had plenty for the kids to do too. I don't think I saw Kaitlyn the whole night until the fireworks stared. They had a "fishing" pond with candy, face paiting, the bounce house (below), tree house(also below), a trampoline and of course the puppies (their dog Sadie had puppies 3 weeks ago).


A few of the men got together and bought all the fireworks for the show and then we all just contributed to the cost. I won't tell you how much they spent, but it was a ridiculous amount, which means it was a GREAT show. Here is the mortar table where they lit them off from.

And last but not least, the show. It was great again this year. I love that nothing is illegal in Washington. There are a couple of pics, and some video, although the video of the finale didn't come through. Too bad, but the rest will show you how great it is and hopefully intice someone to come spend it with us next year. . .
Amazing that we get to shoot those off in the backyard! (ignore my commentary in the background, I wish you could turn the sound off on the video)



3 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

It really was the best party ever. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Megan said...

What's this about not coming? That would be awesome! Too bad I never got an actual invite...

Jennifer said...

I hope somebody believes you and comes to visit because, trust me, there is NO BETTER PLACE to celebrate the 4th of July!!! The party looks rockin'! I couldn't believe how homesick I was for Vancouver yesterday! :( It really is the best place to be on the 4th!! NY laws are such that you can't even buy sparklers, as far as I can tell. No stores sell fireworks of any kind. :(