Thursday, July 1, 2010

Juneuary

The Pacific Northwest has not been kind to us this June. We've had something like 40 straight days of rain (starting to feel like Noah), then we were teased with like a week of warmer weather. And by warmer I mean we reached 80 like 2 days. But this week has been weak, with high 60's, low 70's. So when we hit 80 my kids begged to get wet, so we bought a new slip-n-slide and a new pool. They played in them for two days, and they have since sat on our patio. Hopefully summer will make it's appearance soon. We're getting anxious to go to the beach, but the river is so high there is no more beach!
Here's the pool:

Kaitlyn told me that she was cute this day and I just HAD to take a picture. . .

And here is what happens when all you play with is girls. He did tell me that it was a boy's color, so it's ok. His dad does NOT agree however!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ha ha. I think Matt's "decor" is cute... and obviously very "boy" since it's blue. And I love Kaitlyn's "cute" picture, too. That is priceless. Too bad the so-called summer hasn't been too good to you yet. But you have an awesome pool if it ever does show up!! That looks totally fun!