Saturday, December 18, 2010

Houses and Stables

A couple of weekends ago for FHE we made gingerbread houses. The kids loved it. It's actually the first year we've done it all as a family. We still have our big one to make with Wendy and the girls, so we just did graham crackers ones for FHE. Observe and marvel the craftsmanship. It will blow you away! First is Matt's mine:

Kaitlyn's:

Aaron's:



On friday it was Matt's Nativity performance for his preschool .He was playing the coveted part of Joseph with his BFF Katie as Mary. I blame the shoddy pics on Aaron who was in charge of camera work. Here is Joseph getting ready for his part. Isn't he adorable?


Here is Joseph telling Mary it will be alright.


Here they are scoping out the inns in Jerusalem. I love that they are holding hands.

And last is of Matt's whole class singing their songs.




Here is some videos of Matt's class singing. See if you can pick out my musically inclined son's voice (that would be the monotone loud one) :)





See if you can notice those slippery jingle bells:

6 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

I was actually getting on the computer to look for examples of how to construct gingerbread houses from graham crackers. (I couldn't visualize how to do the roof!) We have yet to do anything with Kaitlyn, so I thought maybe I'd give it a go. So thanks! Your houses are very inspiring. :)

Megan said...

I love it! Matt is so cute! At least he knew all the words... And the gingerbread houses are lovely. :)

Jennifer said...

SO CUTE!! I love your gingerbread houses. Matt's play looks SO darling. It's always the monotone ones who are loudest--it's a fact of life. ha I think it was so cute!

Mark and Karen said...

The houses are great. I love your path to the house!

The preschool presentation is adorable! Loved it all!!!

Cindy said...

Too cute! I loved the videos. Matt has the cutest little face when he pulls those lips together (he's doing it in the holding hands photos). The Shepherd cracked me up when I watched the videos, funny kid.

Angie said...

All your houses turned out fabulously! Matt is such a ladies man, holding hands and everything. So adorable! What a small preschool class. Where does attend preschool?