Sunday, December 5, 2010

That Wonderful Time of Year

First, We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Rays. It was so much fun. Mark made the best turkey (seriously, probably the best I've ever had!). We had delicious food and then played Wii and euker. Sadly Aaron and I lost to Mark and Karen's vastly superiour playing skills. All in all it was a blast.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving (between football games) Aaron and I hung up lights. We like to get new lights each year, so this year we upgraded the ones that go around the roof to the bigger lights, then took the little ones and decorated the big pine tree by the side of our house. Three hours later we were done. What do you think? This Saturday we braved the bitter wind to pick out our Christmas tree. After much debate, we finally decided on one. The kids were pretty sure it was going to roll off the van, and for a couple of minutes, Aaron and I thought so too, but alas, we made it home before it fell off. We then set to decorating. I tried to give in this year and just let the kids do it. So it's not very symmetrical, and the picture makes it look like it's leaning as well, but oh well. And the good news is that so far Ramseys hasn't eaten any ornaments. We'll see what happens when we put presents underneath. . .


3 comments:

Megan said...

Tree looks fun and the house lights look great! Very festive!

Jennifer said...

I love the lights on your house, and I think the tree is beautiful!! :)

Angie said...

It all looks great and so festive! I'm proud of you to let the kids decorate. I need things symmetrical, too, but let the boys play with all the ornaments and it's a mess. But, that's not the point, huh? Christmas fun!