Monday, August 3, 2009

Beat the Heat

If any of you ever decide to move to the Pacific Northwest (and I highly encourage you to do so) don't let some crazy realtor tell you you don't need air conditioning. It's a big, fat lie. Since we've been sporting St. George-esque temps around 108 degrees (plus like 80% humidity) we've been blissfully happy that we have a working air conditioner. But alas, you cannot stay in the house all the time, so we've tried to find others ways to stay cool. This includes a wonderful place known as Cottonwood Beach. It's only about 15 minutes away, and it's this great place on the Columbian River. There is plenty of sand, and water for the kids to play in. There isn't any current by the beach, so you just have to make sure the kids don't swim out too far. As long as Kaitlyn has her life jacket on, she's as happy as a clam. She'll swim all over in that thing. Matt is more of the "as long as the water doesn't pass my shin" mentality, but hey, at least he's getting in. This last week we didn't go until later so Aaron could come with us. It was a blast. We go with a bunch of friends, and we always stay at least 3 hours. You can all thank my wonderful friend Karen for the pics, I, of course, forgot my camera. :)





I know that you're all admiring my fetching farmer's tan here, (and the complete lack of tan on my legs) what can I say, it takes work to look this good :

4 comments:

Nathan and Sarah said...

I love Matt's expression in the first picture! Looks like fun!

Megan said...

That is and AWESOME tan! Love it!

Mark and Karen said...

It looks like I won't be able to make it to the beach this Wednesday until 1:00PM. Are you still planning on going at 11:00? Let me know and I'll post it on fb for other ward members to join.

Jessica said...

That looks like a great place! I am jealous of your AC! Shane and I always laugh when anyone says you don't need AC here, because even though there are many days you don't, there are definitely enough that you do!