Friday, August 14, 2009

Clark County Fair

On Wed. night we went with our friends, the Atkinson's, to the Clark county fair. My good friend Betty had set us up with some free tickets to get in. So we went. This was the first time we had ever been, but it was pretty fun (if not a complete rip-off, each ride costing 4 or 5 tickets and each ticket costing $1). Luckily the kids were too small to ride most of the rides. Kaitlyn did go on the swings, and I must admit that my heart was in my throat the whole time she was up there. She looked so little on those big swings (she just barely made the height cut-off) and this big punk teenager behind her kept running his swing into her. I wanted to hit him when he got off, but I restrained myself. Matt conned me into doing the tea cups with him, and after I had finished being sick afterword, we went on to ride a little roller coaster and go on two big slides. We ate dinner there, sharing hamburgers, corn on the cob, and huge elephant ears. We also got to watch a little bull riding, which was pretty cool .The kids liked it when the riders came out on their bulls, but got pretty bored fast since it took a while to switch bulls. I thought it was great though. We stayed pretty late, so the kids were pretty tired, but it was definatly fun. Now for the bad news, I had some great pics of the kids on the rides but alas, I accidently deleted them all. I'm hoping when Aaron gets home he can find the in the great expanse of our computer, and then I will add them to this post. Until then, I leave it up to your imagination :)

4 comments:

charity said...

Sounds like fun I love the summer fun stuff. So pictureque to me!

Hansens said...

I didn't know you blogged!! I hope you don't mind, but I am going to start reading yours from now on, I need to get to know you better

Becky said...

Okay, so Hillary sent me your blog address too. So now we're both going to read it. Maybe you'll help to motivate me to get up in the mornings and run more!

Cindy said...

Days after I read this I heard that a crazy guy from the state hospital went on an outting to the state fair and escaped. I was happy that everyone made it home safely:)