Monday, August 24, 2009

The Big 05!

My sweet little (big?) girl turned 5 today. I can't believe it's been five years already. She is such a wonderful girl. She loves to learn. She is always asking me to help her read books, and to write her letters. She is so excited to start kindergarten (even if Mom is not!). She loves to play with my little ponies, polly pockets and to do anything arts and craftsy. I can't believe she started out so small. She's pretty average now. We just love her personality and her fiery spirit. That red hair really comes into play sometimes :) Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!!



Kaitlyn had her pony party today. She invited five friends. We started out the party by painting some wooden ponies. Then we played pin-the-tail on the pony. Lunch was Little Ceasers, and then it was time for a little game with each girl getting to open a pony to take home. Then came Kaitlyn's favorite part of the party, the pony pinata. The girls had a blast hitting it, with Annie Atkinson doing the honor of breaking it open.


Then came the cake and ice cream. I think Kaitlyn had a great time. She was so happy that her friends could come a spend such a special day with her. Happy Birthday Bean!!!




Here are Kaityn's friends starting at the left : Lauren and Carly Ray, Kaitlyn, Annie Atkinson, and Gabby Lacher. They are all such great girls!








7 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh! She's so cute it makes me want cry! She's getting so big! I love you baby girl! happy birthday!

Olsens said...

I love her cake! Such talent!! It's so fun to see pictures of her as she's grown. She's beautiful. Tell her Happy Belated Birthday from us!

Jessica Wille said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! It is hard sending them off to Kindergarten, but Preston is loving it. I'm sure Kaitlyn will also. I love the pony theme, and your cakes are always incredible!

Jennifer said...

K, I'm blog stalking!! :) I just found your blog on Karen Ray's!! Hope you don't mind. It would be so fun to keep in touch this way. (My blog is http://jenniferwise.blogspot.com).

What a CUTE CAKE! I can't believe Kaitlyn is 5. I have pictures of her at Ethan's birthday parties when they were 2 and 3 (or 4??) and she looks SO tiny as compared to now. I hope she LOVES kindergarten. She is totally ready. Who is her teacher? Ethan is really excited for kindergarten, too. It's amazing to see them grow!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you blog, too! :) I'm glad Kaitlyn got Miss Holmberg. Belinda had her & we love her! I'm sure Ethan would have gotten her, too, and it makes me SAD! :( I'm glad Sam and Lauren are in the same class. That will be fantastic!! Looking forward to keeping up via blog. :)

Mike, Kim and Kids said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! What a great party! Sounds like it was lots of fun. And the cake is awesome! By the way, have you ever gone on the Coolest Homemade Birthday Cakes site? The address is: http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/ I'm always going on there for ideas. It's great. Another website I love is Cake Wrecks ( http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ ). It is soooo entertaining.

Olsens said...

I'm excited to see the report of her first day of school!! yes I cried, I knew I would :(